TACOMA, Wash. — Three people were injured and 12 units damaged early Sunday morning after embers from recently used fireworks ignited a fire at an apartment complex in Tacoma, firefighters said.
The Tacoma Fire Department tweeted the blaze broke out about 1:15 a.m. in the 1800 block of South 84th Street. Crews arrived to find flames showing. The fire spread to the attic area and then to several other units.
Firefighters helped people evacuate the building. Three people suffered injuries and were “transported in stable condition for further medical care,” the department said.
The Red Cross was called in to find temporary shelter for people whose apartments were damaged.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group