LAKEWOOD, Wash. - An 18-year-old man was killed in a shooting Monday night in Lakewood, police said.
Lakewood police officers responded to reports of a person shot at the 7-Eleven on 100th Street and Lakewood Drive Southwest around 8 p.m. An 18-year-old man with gunshot wounds was found at the scene and was later pronounced dead, police said.
Police said the victim arrived in a car and the driver remained at the scene after calling for help. Two men fled from the car on foot and a K-9 track were not located, police said.
Detectives determined after investigating the scene that the shooting occurred in the car and the victim was driven to the 7-Eleven for help. Police are still investigating the circumstances around the shooting and the potential involvement of the two men.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle police runners-up in CBS' ‘Lip Sync to the Rescue' competition
- Teachers, students leave King's Schools over anti-gay religious beliefs
- Taxpayers' lawsuit against Sound Transit car tab hike in court
- Mother demands justice for son killed by Tacoma officer
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.