Washington State Patrol and Lakewood police detectives arrested 11 people in an overnight prostitution bust late Wednesday and early Thursday at a Pierce County truck stop, according to a State Patrol news release.
The detectives set up at the truck stop late Wednesday night after multiple residents complained about prostitution taking place at truck stops throughout the area on the Interstate 5 corridor, the release stated.
Ten women — seven prostitutes and three human trafficking victims — were connected with support services and given a meal during the sting.
Among the arrested were 11 people.
The operation also involved Fife police, Seattle police, the West Sound Narcotics Task Force and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.
More news from KIRO 7
- Child sex offender serving more than 300 years walks free on 'technicality'
- Florida nurse adopts severely abused twin girls
- Police: Woman in custody after attempting to kidnap child at Kirkland park
- State agency pays $3.1M after placing girl with rapist
- Mother who fought off kidnapper speaks out
Tacoma News Tribune