FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — A man was shot in the leg at a Federal Way Safeway grocery store parking lot on Thursday, police said.
The shooting happened about 5 p.m. in the 2100 block of SW 336th Street, police spokesman Kurt Schwan said.
When police arrived at the scene, they found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the leg. The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the man was most likely involved in an altercation with another man, between the ages of 18 to 22 years old, before he was shot.
Police say the gray or brown Dodge Ram pickup the suspects fled in likely has a lot of front-end damage because it crashed into another car on its way out of the parking lot.
"They're like going after each other and I hear 'pop pop pop pop pop,' like seven gunshots and I'm just like standing in the middle of the road, scared," said witness Morgan Bray.
"And then we see the shooter hop in a Dodge Ram pickup, ended up smashing in the back of this silver Nissan Sentra or Altima," said another witness.
Police are still searching for the suspect.
More news from KIRO 7
- 12-hour Federal Way standoff ends with death of suspect
- Audit: Metro fare enforcement program cited 3,900 people, 94 paid
- Thieves breaking into Seattle condo, apartment buildings through call boxes
- Bald eagle lands on Mariners pitcher James Paxton during national anthem
- Seattle homeless 'tent mansion' low priority for city clean up
Cox Media Group