BELLINGHAM, Wash. — One person was injured after police said a tent caught fire and caused three propane tanks to explode at a homeless encampment Thursday afternoon in Bellingham.
First responders were called at 1:22 p.m. to a report of a fire and explosions at Puget and Fraser streets.
Firefighters put out the flames as police secured the area, closing roads.
Medics took one person to the hospital with minor injuries.
The roads were opened back up within 30 minutes of police and fire crews being called to the scene.
© 2021 Cox Media Group