BELLEVUE, Wash. — Slick conditions caused multiple crashes and blocked all westbound lanes of State Route 520 Monday night, troopers say.
The crashes happened on the east side of the SR 520 floating bridge.
Troopers said a Metro bus and about 30 cars were involved in crashes.
Trooper Rick Johnson said there were no major injuries.
Here is another picture from the scene courtesy of LT Longoria. Approximately 30 cars involved in numerous separate collisions. Thankfully no major injuries! Drive safe tonight as the temps are below freezing. pic.twitter.com/PoiZowqZI8— Trooper Rick Johnson (@wspd2pio) January 14, 2020
#Bellevue: Maintenance crews are en route for multiple collisions on the east side of the SR 520 floating bridge. All lanes are blocked. Use alternate routes like I-90 or I-405 to go west toward #Seattle. Use caution as roads may be slick. pic.twitter.com/A0SfIBc8OL— WSDOT Traffic (@wsdot_traffic) January 14, 2020
More news from KIRO 7
- TONIGHT AT 5:30: Man who bought ‘residential’ firehouse sued by Seattle - for using as residence
- Seattle area, Western Washington school delays, closures and bus routes
- Long stretch of US 2 closed by downed trees, power lines until at least Tuesday morning
- UPDATE: After snowfall, potential for ice Tuesday morning
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group