KIRO 7 / HOMESTREET BANK MORTGAGE OR RENT FOR ONE YEAR SWEEPSTAKES
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KIRO 7 Mortgage or Rent for One Year Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the state of Washington in the Seattle TV DMA who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of KIRO-TV, Inc. d/b/a KIRO 7 (“Sponsor”), HomeStreet Bank (“Prize Provider”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Sweepstakes or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Sweepstakes event.
- How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 6:40 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on April 27, 2020 and end at 11:59 p.m. PST on May 22, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes
- KIRO-7 website
To enter, complete the following steps during the Sweepstakes Period:
- Watch KIRO 7 each weekday from April 27, 2020 through May 22, 2020 between 6:40 a.m. and 6:50 a.m. PST; or between 5:40 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. PST and look for the unique codeword (each, a “Codeword”). A total of forty (40) unique Codewords will be announced during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Text the correct Codeword to 46757by 11:59pm PST on the day the Codeword was given.
- By texting a Codeword to 46757, you consent to receive one (1) automated reply text per entry to the number you provided Sponsor regarding your entry or this Sweepstakes. You understand that consent is not required to make a purchase. The text message you send is your electronic signature agreeing to these terms and to giving electronic written consent to receive informational automated text messages from Sponsor regarding your entry or this Sweepstakes. Text and data rates apply – participants will be charged for sending and receiving under this Sweepstakes according to his/her carriers’ rate plan(s).
- By providing the correct Codeword you will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing (as described below).
Maximum two (2) entries per person and per email address, per day regardless of method of entry, during the Sweepstakes Period.
Any winning entrant must be the same person who originally sent the website or mobile entry to the radio station to participate in a Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person's behalf. An entrant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Washington driver’s license or Washington state-issued ID (or other proof of Washington residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account from which the entry was sent. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number or other identifier automatically associated with the entry by a wireless service provider that is responsible for assigning the same. The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection, Odds. On or about May 25, 2020, Sponsor will conduct one (1) random drawing from among all eligible entrants and select one (1) Grand Prize Winner.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
- Prize Description. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a check in the amount of such winner’s (i) 12-month mortgage (or rent): Maximum prize value: $42,000.
Prizes will be fulfilled no more than eight (8) weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
Prize Provider will match Grand Prize winner’s house payment (mortgage or rent, as applicable) for a twelve-month period, up to a maximum Grand Prize amount of $42,000. Sponsor will determine the potential winner’s prize amount by reviewing three consecutive months of such winner’s monthly mortgage statement(s), monthly rent invoices, as provided by potential winner. Only mortgage or rent payments will be included in the calculation of the total prize value. Charges for parking, utilities or other charges other than those attributed to mortgage or rent will not be included in the calculation. The address on potential winner’s valid driver’s license must match address of mortgage/rent proof provided to Sponsor for verification of prize award. In the event a potential winner does not have a rent/mortgage (as applicable) potential winner will be awarded a substitute value of $1,000/month for a total of $12,000 prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the prize amount awarded.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Grand Prize winner will be notified at the time of selection. In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within 48 hours of first attempt of notice. In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within first attempt of notice.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices 2807 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. PST and 5:00 p.m. PST, weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID. If winner is unable to visit Sponsor’s offices, winner must print, sign and return paperwork along with proper notarization and copy of a valid government-issued photo ID via fax or email to fax number or email address provided by Sponsor within five (5) business days after notification.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), and a W-9, which must be notarized as noted on paperwork and returned within (5) days of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, within 48 hours, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by based upon. Sponsor will select up to one (1) alternate potential winners, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND PRIZE PROVIDER HAS VERIFIED WINNER’S TAX ID NUMBER OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER FOR TAX PURPOSES.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor and Prize Provider for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor and Prize Provider. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Prize Provider.
- Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, Prize Provider and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor and Prize Provider. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor and Prize Provider reserve the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., HOMESTREET BANK, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
- Indemnification. If Sponsor’s or Prize Provider’s use of your entry causes Sponsor or Prize Provider to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
- Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor AND PRIZE PROVIDER makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor AND pRIZE PROVIDER hereby DISCLAIM all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor. KIRO 7 Mortgage or Rent for One Year Sweepstakes is sponsored by KIRO-TV, Inc. d/b/a KIRO 7 and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after July 25, 2020) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit KIRO7.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), KIRO 7 Mortgage or Rent for One Year, 2807 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121.