· 2 cups panko bread crumbs
· 2 pounds ground turkey
· 4 ounces prosciutto di parma (diced into 1/8-inch cubes)
· 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage (casings removed)
· 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
· 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
· 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
· 3/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
· Several gratings of nutmeg
· 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 2 cups tomato sauce
· 1 1/2 - 2 cups milk
Step 1: Ingredients: 2 cup panko breadcrumbs Soak the bread crumbs in water to cover for 5 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water.
Step 2: Ingredients: 2 pounds ground turkey, 4 ounces diced prosciutto di Parma, 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage (casings removed), 3 large eggs (lightly beaten), 1 1/2 - 2 cups milk,1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano, 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, 3/4 cups finely chopped Italian parsley, several gratings of nutmeg, 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl, combine the turkey, prosciutto, sausage, bread crumbs, eggs, milk, ¼ cup of the pecorino, the Parmigiano, ½ cup of the parsley, the nutmeg, and ¼ cup of the olive oil. Mix very gently with your hands. Season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
Step 3: Ingredients: 2 cups tomato sauce. Add the tomato to the pan and bring to a boil. Place the meatballs in the sauce and return to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Transfer to a platter and serve with the remaining ¼ cup pecorino, and sprinkle parsley over the top.
Cox Media Group