1) Gifting: KIRO 7 Cares Toy Drive – Friday, Dec. 7. You can help create special memories for children in our community this holiday season. Donate a new, unwrapped toy to the KIRO 7 benefiting Toys for Tots. You can also join us at KIRO 7 on Friday to drop off your donation in person and enjoy a special day filled with holiday activities. Follow this link for details.
2) City fun: Bellevue Downtown Ice Rink – Running until Jan. 13. You can enjoy over 9,000 square feet of ice skating, making your holiday experience something special. From event site: The rink offers shelter for all-weather skating, free nearby parking. Follow this link for details.
3) Holiday experience: Winter Solstice Night Market – Friday and Saturday, Dec. 7-8. From event social site: Seattle’s only indoor market debuts with over 100 local pop-ups showcasing handmade, delicious street food with music and more. It is free with a suggested donation of $5 for charity, Solid Ground. Follow this link for details.
4) Festive Fun: Christmas Lighting Festival in Leavenworth – Friday to Sunday, Dec. 7-9, and Dec. 14-16. It will be an evening filled with Christmas live music and a story of St. Nickolaus at the Front Street Gazebo. People will be able to experience roasted chestnuts, sledding (snow permitting), and costumed Christmas characters. Follow this link for details.
5) City favorite: Dickens Festival at Stadium, Tacoma – Saturday, Dec. 8, from noon to 4 p.m. There is expected to be plenty of holiday celebration with carols that feature choir, orchestra and attendees. There will also be crafts and refreshments at Tacoma’s historic Victorian-styled conservatory. Follow this link for details.
6) Light show: Garden d'lights - Running until Dec. 30. This show at the Bellevue Botanical Garden features over a half-million lights. The lights are displayed in the shape of plants, flowers, birds and other natural beauties, such as like waterfalls. Follow this link for details.
7) Shining brightly: Wildlights, Woodland Park Zoo – Running until Jan. 5. This event is all about seeing the animals at the zoo during the holidays. Attendees can enjoy the many lights and up-close animal encounters. Follow this link for details.