1. Home improvement. Seattle Home Show. Feb. 15-23. CenturyLink Field Event Center. Saturday, Sunday and Mondays: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday-Friday: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. The spring show is returning to the Northwest as the largest consumer home show, providing anything from indoor and outdoor home improvement. Appliance vendors, builders, remodelers, decorators and so many more will be on site to give guests an exceptional experience, providing multiple demos to view and produces to purchase. Attendees have the option to enjoy special features during the home show including seminars and even wine tastings. In the Pacific Northwest, all types of weather is common, and you can find plenty of vendors to cater to your home improvement needs. Follow the link here for more event details.
2. Valentines with sea life. Seattle Aquarium’s After Hours: No-Pressure Valentine’s Day. Seattle Aquarium. Friday, 6:30-10 p.m. For those 21+, learn about some sea life romantic tendencies and biology, from octopuses mating, to spawning seas stars and cloning anemones. On land, live music, tasty menu options and beverages will be available, along with live painting by Perry Porter and musical guests including Eubanks, and Shelby and Rocky Sandoval. General admission tickets are currently sold-out for the event, but discounted tickets for aquarium members are still available. Follow the link here for more event details.
3. Night market. Seattle Night Market: Lunar New Year. Magnuson Park Hangar 30. Saturday, noon to 9 p.m. The Seattle Night Market Lunar New Year celebration celebrates the Year of the Rat with over 100 local vendors and food trucks, a live DJ performance and many delicious Asian bites to try from. A themed Good Luck Bar with craft cocktails will be available with portions of proceeds going to charity. The event does include a $1 entry fee that also will go toward charity. Follow the link here for more event details.
4. West Seattle festival. Alki Oyster Fest. Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Benefiting the Puget Sound Restoration Fund, the Alki Oyster Fest will host a collection of local favorite oyster companies to try delicious and fresh oysters. On the beach, you can check out many venues with your ticket, which includes eight oysters, two drink tickets and access to the many local musicians performing at the venue. Tickets for non-oyster eaters are also available. Local oyster companies available include Baywater Oyster Co., Olympia Oyster Co. and Taylor Shellfish. Follow the link here for more event details.
5. North Sound beer fest. 3rd Annual Anderson School Winter Beer Festival. McMenamins Anderson School, Bothell. Saturday, noon to 9 p.m. Local restaurateurs make their own craft beers, ciders and liquors and ever summer they have a festival to celebrate those local favorites. Now you can celebrate and taste their beers and ciders every February for their Winter Beer Festival. At the Anderson School location, pick and choose from any of their handcrafted ales and ciders as they open up Haynes Hall for beer and cider lovers alike, with live music to enjoy. Follow the link here for more event details.
6. Cake lovers unite. 2nd annual Seattle Cake Con & Dessert Showcase. Block 41, Seattle. Sunday and Monday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Whether you’re looking for a talented baker for an upcoming wedding, baby shower, or simply just love to appreciate great baking and designers, this may be the event for you! Cake Con features confectioner artists from all over the country to showcase their best baked goods. Taste samples from bakers or chocolatiers with exhibit tickets and mingle with other guests about the eye-catching desserts. Home bakers and professional pastry chefs alike will also get a chance to compete, entering their best confectionery creations in competitions. Follow the link here for more event details.
7. Children’s theatre. Seattle Children’s Theatre presents “Snow White”. Charlotte Martin Theatre. Feb. 6-9, 15-16, 22-23, Feb. 29- Mar. 1, 7-8, 14-15. Various show times. The classic fairy tale tells the story of two teenagers finding each other deep in the forest, where they must encounter and an evil queen. During her journey, Snow White befriends seven dwarfs and redefines her true ambitions in life. The contemporary story features a fresh perspective on the wondrous story of love and friendship, self-discovery, inner beauty and courage. Follow the link here for more event details.
© 2020 Cox Media Group