Community

KIRO 7 CARES Virtual Drive for Pet Food & Supplies

Tracy Taylor

As we all navigate through the disruptions in our lives created by the coronavirus pandemic, animal shelters and rescues are just some of the many community organizations that are particularly vulnerable in these uncertain times.

If you’re looking for a way to do some good, consider adopting or fostering a pet – especially for those of you that might have more time at home these days!

But for an easy way to help that doesn’t take much time, consider donating pet food or supplies to one of the Project Paws partners I’ve listed and help keep the pets in their care safe, happy, and healthy.

Clark, Luci, and Millie have given me so much comfort and really help to take my mind off the events of the day... my hope is others of you out there can find that same love or help someone else to.

Auburn Valley Humane Society: Shop from their Wish List or Donate

Homeward Pet Adoption Center: Shop from their Wish List or Donate

The NOAH Center: Shop from their Wish List or Donate

PAWS: Shop from their Wish List or Donate

Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC): Shop from their Wish List or Donate

Seattle Animal Shelter: Shop from their Wish List or Donate

In addition to the shelters who have created Wish Lists for the pet food and supplies they desperately need, our Project Paws partner Pawsitive Alliance is also collecting donations and have created their own Wish List here. These donations will support homeless and low-income residents who are at risk of losing their homes and/or pets. Seattle Veterinary Outreach will distribute the items to local food banks and other outlets. I know they will greatly appreciate your support!