SHORELINE, Wash. — A Seattle police motorcycle officer was injured in a crash on southbound I-5 in Shoreline Wednesday morning.
The crash just south of Northeast 205th Street happened at about 6:15 a.m.
The officer was alert and conscious when medics arrived.
Seattle police says the officer is being transported to an area hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
Lanes in each direction were blocked, and at one point, caused a nearly six-mile backup. The scene has since been cleared.
The Washington State Patrol is investigating the cause of the crash.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Gov. Inslee signs bill banning therapists from practicing gay conversion therapy
- Two teenage girls shot, killed in Burien
- State kicks off test of pay-by-mile program
- SPD motorcycle officer hurt in I-5 crash
- Major drug arrests, seizures in four Western Washington counties
Cox Media Group