MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, Wash. - A house fire in Mountlake Terrace on Friday morning caused more than $250,000 in damage and displaced a family of three.
South Snohomish Fire officials said the fire began around 10 a.m. in the 228000 block of 44th Avenue West. The home’s residents were not home at the time of the fire.
“A neighbor rescued one dog from the smoke-filled house, but another dog died in the fire,” South Snohomish fire said in a news release.
Firefighters had the fire under control 20 minutes after they arrived on scene and kept flames contained to the home’s garage.
Officials said a fire investigator determined it was an accidental fire that started in a bedroom, but did not identify an exact cause.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- New Zealand shootings: Death toll rises to 49 in attacks at 2 mosques
- New Zealand attacks spark call for security at Washington mosques
- Man shot by officers during traffic stop in Federal Way
- Suspect in electronics theft records himself flying stolen drone, forgets to remove memory card
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.