Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan revealed her proposed 2019-2020 budget Monday morning, with public safety, transportation, housing affordability and homelessness as funding priorities.
The budget totals $5.9 billion, including $49 million in savings that Durkan identified through position vacancies and increased efficiency in departments, according to a press release from the city.
On KIRO 7 News at 5 p.m., reporter Essex Porter is looking into how the money is going to be spent.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Attempted carjacking suspect killed by police in Oak Harbor
- Growing problems with homeless population blamed for violence in Olympia
- Cle Elum art teacher arrested on charges of rape of a child
- Man in custody after police response shuts down 520 floating bridge
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Cox Media Group