by: KIRO 7 News Staff Updated:
MASON Co., Wash. - A suspect has been arrested in connection to the shooting of a Washington state man who was dragging a dead raccoon down the street.
Kevin Schumacher, 28, was arrested Tuesday. He is accused of running the man over and shooting him in the leg June 25 near Belfair.
The two men had gotten in a confrontation over the dead critter in June. KIRO 7 News obtained video of the man talking to a driver, who was not involved in the shooting. The man, while dragging the raccoon, told the driver he was going to put it in his crab pot.
Watch it in the video below, scroll down to keep reading.
- Police: Man shot while dragging raccoon to crab pot; suspect arrested
- Seniors: Get your $10 lifetime pass for National Parks now before price hike
- 2017 ESPY Awards: Red Carpet Arrivals
- VIDEO: Man drags dead raccoon in Belfair
- Steve Raible celebrates 35 years at KIRO 7
After the video Schumacher and the man crossed paths. Schumacher thought the animal was a dead dog.
A 911 caller reported the man was swinging the raccoon around as the suspect aimed a gun. Authorities say Schumacher ran the man over with his truck.
Investigation leads MCSO Detectives to arrest of suspect in 6/25 shooting (Belfair area) PCSO assisted along with DOC. Pic of suspect veh. pic.twitter.com/tEcqQKTj7Y— Mason County Sheriff (@MasonCoSheriff) July 12, 2017
The victim was taken to the hospital, but he’s since been released from the hospital.
Mason County Sheriff's Office said an anonymous tip led to the suspect's arrest. Deputies seized Schumacher’s truck and some weapons from inside his Tacoma home.
- Beachgoers form 80-person human chain to save drowning family
- 14-year-old electrocuted by cellphone while taking a bath
- When someone spoke against Seattle tax on wealthy, here's what happened
- VIDEO: Teen bit in head by bear wakes up to crunching sound
- PHOTOS: Seattle earthquakes: Photos from 1949, 1965 & 2001
© 2017 Cox Media Group.