SEATTLE - All lanes of East Marginal Way were blocked near Diagonal Avenue South in South Seattle.
A semi struck a pole south of downtown Seattle in the Industrial District at about 6 a.m. Monday.
Seattle City Light said the driver hit a Seattle Department of Transportation pole that's wired to a City Light pole.
Lines went down on top of the semi and the driver was inside, but he was able to get out safely.
Seattle City Light and SDOT has crews at the scene.
As of 9:44 a.m., two southbound lanes were open and the northbound lanes remained closed. Northbound traffic is being diverted to First Avenue South.
Trending on KIRO 7
- Woman's decomposed body found at Florida Walmart
- Teen fighting for her life after getting punched out at party
- Victim says police told him to throw away sensitive documents found in stolen car
- Issaquah bans big rigs from cutting through downtown
- Semi truck crash closes all lanes of East Marginal Way
- Find a ballot drop box near you
© 2017 Cox Media Group.