JACKSONVILLE - After being ejected in Sundays 30-24 loss against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Seahawks defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson jogged towards the tunnel leading to the visiting locker room.
Then, Jefferson abruptly stopped and took off his helmet after it appeared a drink was thrown at him from a fan in the stands.
Jefferson moved towards the stands, and began yelling when more fans threw concessions at him.
Seahawks staffers held Jefferson back as he tried to climb into the stands before he ultimately walked away into the locker room.
Asked about Jefferson after the game head coach Pete Carroll said, "I don't even know what happened... He just kind of lost it."
Carroll went on to say, "It's really unfortunate how it ended. We had a chance to get the ball back. We have to be more poised than that."
Defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson also was ejected late in the fourth quarter, after officials said he threw a punch at a member of the Jaguars.
The (8-5) Seahawks return home to CenturyLink Field next Sunday to face the NFC West-leading (9-4) Los Angeles Rams.
- Katie Couric breaks her silence on the news of Matt Lauer's dismissal from 'Today'
- Mom wants answers after 8-year-old attempts suicide in class
- Bodybuilder warned that he'll lose chemical-filled arms to amputation
- Napoleon Dynamite and Pedro reunite after 12 years for a tot-filled Burger King commercial
- Reporter finds black widow spider nestled in Christmas tree at grocery store
© 2018 Cox Media Group.