SEATTLE - A natural gas leak caused evacuations in South Lake Union Friday morning.
The exterior gas leak near 2019 Terry Avenue North, which was reported at about 7:30 a.m., has since been stopped by firefighters.
Nearby buildings were evacuated as a precaution, but Seattle fire said no hazard was detected.
Crews went to nearby buildings to confirm that there were no residual gas readings.
- Escort accused of shooting Everett client in the head
- Man in critical condition after being set on fire in Ballard, police searching for suspect
- Northwest drivers are the rudest non-honkers in the country
- Kshama Sawant wants city to double proposed head tax
- Boeing seeking hundreds of applicants at job fairs
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Natural gas leak causes evacuations in South Lake Union
It's move-in day for Tent City 3, despite last-minute attempt to stop it
U-Haul with over $1 million in music equipment stolen from SeaTac hotel…
NFL report: Kam Chancellor expected to miss rest of season
Family of Burien OIS victim Tommy Le says inquest process is unfair