RENTON, Wash. - One man was found dead after a house fire Friday in Renton.
Flames erupted from the one-story house in the 14600 block of SE 165th Pl. and quickly consumed the structure. The roof collapsed on the home.
Fire officials said the man who lived in the house died in the fire.
Neighbors told KIRO 7’s Alison Grande that the man grew up in the house.
The man's father also used to live in the house, neighbors told Grande.
Neighbors worried about the man when they saw the fire. They said he rarely left the house; when he did, it was in the evenings to go for walks.
Neighbors gathered in the cul-de-sac Friday evening to comfort each other.
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined. An investigation is ongoing.
This story is developing; check back for updates.
More news from KIRO 7:
- He stopped a massive fraud, but this officer says pink shoes kept him from promotion
- Going to Garth Brooks? Here's what you need to know about traffic and the concert
- Police seeking 27-year-old woman in murder of Everett man
- Twin sisters die after being swept out to sea by rogue wave
- Federal Way police need help solving murder after woman dumped at hospital
© 2017 Cox Media Group.