Flood warnings are in effect for three Washington state rivers. Read about current weather alerts here.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- 2 die in surf while digging for clams on Washington beaches
- Scammers stealing phone numbers from T-Mobile customers to steal money
- Flood warnings in effect for some Western Washington rivers
- Father and daughter charged with incest 20 years after adoption
- Group says UW charging school's Republican group $17K security fee for right-wing speaker
The Snohomish River at Snohomish is under a flood warning until Tuesday afternoon. Minor flooding is occurring in the lowlands. The river will continue to rise and crest near 26.9 feet around 10 a.m. Monday. The river will fall below flood stage early Tuesday morning.
There is also a flood warning in effect for the Snohomish river near Monroe until Monday afternoon. Minor flooding is expected in low pasture lands and several roads near the river.
A flood warning continues for the White River at R Street until further notice. The river will continue to rise and crest at about 10 a.m. Tuesday. As of 2:45 a.m. Monday, the flow was 5642 cfs. At 6000 cfs, river flooding is likely to occur upstream of the A Street Bridge in the City of Auburn, the City of Pacific near Government Canal and Butte Avenue, as well as high water along the temporary flood protection
barriers. This level roughly corresponds to the King County Flood Phase 2.
The Snoqualmie River near Carnation is under a flood warning until Tuesday morning. The river will flood much of the farm land and several roads from Fall City downstream through Carnation and Duvall.
In Skagit County, water was reported over some roadways Sunday, and landslide risk was also increased due to the stretch of wet weather.
A section of the Burke-Gilman Trail was closed Sunday for a slide.
Due to heavy rains, the following road closures have been issued in King County and some areas of the Snoqualmie Valley (Closures as of 5 a.m.):
- NE Tolt Hill Road between West Snoqualmie River Road NE and SR 203
- Neal Road SE at House #2718
- SE 24th St. between 309th Ave SE and West Snoqualmie River Road SE
- West Snoqualmie River Road NE between NE Tolt Hill Road & house #1550
© 2018 Cox Media Group.