Western Whatcom County-
118 AM PST Sat Jan 19 2019
...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PST THIS
* COASTAL FLOODING...The combination of high astronomical tides,
tidal anomalies due to a passing storm system, strong
southwesterly winds, and waves will produce some minor coastal
flooding around the two high tides today.
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS...Sandy Point and Birch Bay.
* TIMING...2-3 hours around the high tides today.
* TIDE INFO...High tides at Cherry Point are about 5 AM PST this
morning and 2 PM PST this afternoon. The predicted high tide
about 5 AM is 9.6 ft above mean-low low water (MLLW), and the
predicted high tide about 2 PM is 9.13 ft above MLLW. Both tides
are expected to be between 0.6 and 1.5 feet above the predicted
tide table values due to low atmospheric pressure and wave
* IMPACTS...Strong southwest winds over the Strait of Georgia will
produce waves of 3 to 5 feet that will crash over seawalls and
other protective barriers and potentially impact already damaged
roadways around the high tides.
A Coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.