935 AM PST Sat Jan 19 2019
...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM PST THIS
AFTERNOON FOR THE CENTRAL WASHINGTON COAST...
The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a Coastal
Flood Advisory for the Central Washington Coastline, which is in
effect until 3 PM PST this afternoon.
* COASTAL FLOODING...The combination of high astronomical tides,
tidal anomalies due to a passing storm system, residual
southwesterly winds, and large breaking waves will produce some
minor coastal flooding around the
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS...Ocean Shores, other low lying beach
communities of Grays Harbor County.
* TIMING...Through 3 PM PDT.
* TIDE INFO...High tide will peak between 10 AM and 1 PM PDT this
afternoon. Some residual minor flooding may last a couple hours
longer, depending on the exact location.
* IMPACTS...Large waves up to 15 feet breaking along beaches may
run farther inland, possibly carrying debris like logs. Beach
erosion is possible.
A Coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.