SEATTLE - An overturned semi blocked lanes of northbound I-5 near the West Seattle Bridge for several hours.
The crash happened around 4:30 a.m. Friday. The driver was not hurt.
The semi was on its side and the three left lanes were closed. No other vehicles were involved.
During the morning commute, traffic was backed up for six miles.
KIRO 7 video from the scene showed the hood of the semi's cab was ripped off in the crash.
Washington State Department of Transportation crews were at the scene cleaning up some kind of spill on the road.
It took several hours to get the scene cleared, as the semi first had to be pulled upright before it could be towed away.
The lanes reopened shortly before 9 a.m.
More news from KIRO 7
- Small plane's emergency landing on Pierce County street caught on camera
- Wildfire causes level 3 evacuation in Mason County
- Two teens aged 14 and 16 arrested and charged after violent two-week crime spree
- Woman in stolen Kent police SUV leads police on chase
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.