Edmonds police are refuting a study that ranked their city the worst in the state when it came to distracted driving crashes.
My Edmonds News reports that officers say how they investigate collisions may be affecting their ranking.
They cited the extreme detail of their incident reports.
The rank came from a distracted driving study done by QuoteWizard last week using distracted driving crash data from 2017.
According to the Washington State Department of Transportation, there were 11,504 distracted driving crashes in the state. Of those, 87 were fatal.
QuoteWizard’s top 15 cities in Washington with the highest rate of distracted driving crashes follows:
- Mountlake Terrace
- Mount Vernon
- Moses Lake
QuoteWizard said its 2018 study on best and worst drivers in the U.S. ranked Washington as the 10th worst driving state in the country.
More news from KIRO 7
- Family claims Pierce County medical examiner should not have ruled son's death a suicide
- Students loot Art Institute of Seattle classrooms as school suddenly shuts down
- Prime suspect for 1988 murder is academic advisor at Western Washington University, CBS reports
- Unvaccinated kids: Schools in Western Washington most at risk for measles
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.