RENTON, Wash. - A semi-truck was badly damaged and lanes of I-405 were closed for hours when it struck an overpass during a crash with a delivery van in Renton.
The crash happened on southbound I-405 at 30th at about 6:45 a.m. Saturday.
When troopers arrived, both vehicles were off the highway and on the slanted concrete surface under the bridge.
Part of the top and side of the semi’s trailer appeared to have been sheered off by the overpass when the truck veered off the road.
Though the vehicles were off the highway, troopers were concerned that they could tip over, so the right two lanes were closed for several hours while the vehicles were removed and the bridge was inspected for damage.
No injuries were reported.
The lanes reopened around 10 a.m.
More news from KIRO 7
- Cruise ship headed to Ketchikan makes U-turn to Seattle port
- 8-year-old hurt in fall out of second-floor window
- Man arrested in stabbing of 18-year-old in Bonney Lake
- King County purse-snatching suspect charged with new crimes in Pierce County
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.