REDMOND, Wash. - A man was killed in a crash on Redmond Fall City Road Tuesday morning.
It happened just west of Northeast Ames Lake Road at about 4:50 a.m. As of 6:45 a.m., the crash was blocking all lanes in both directions. The crash investigation is expected to last for several hours.
The crash east of Redmond involved a semi-truck and a car. The driver of the car, a Renton man, died at the scene.
Troopers said the car was heading eastbound when it went into the westbound lane and struck the semi head-on. The semi came to rest against a guard rail and is leaning over but being supported by a bank of trees.
The semi truck driver was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
It is not known what caused the driver of the car to cross the center line.
Drivers should avoid the area.
More news from KIRO 7
- One killed in crash east of Redmond
- Seattle to Portland in an hour: WSDOT releases results of ultra-high-speed transportation study
- Seattle Police Department left scrambling after weekend crime spree
- 93-year-old reportedly sexually assaulted at nursing home where rape was recorded on hidden camera
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.