Drivers will need to plan ahead for a series of six overnight closures of the SR 104 Hood Canal Bridge for six hours at a time.
During the closures, crews will test newly replaced mechanical components.
During recent night closures, crews intermittently reopened the bridge to traffic, but the extensive tests and the tight time frames needed to complete them will not allow for openings.
The Hood Canal Bridge will be closed during the following times:
- 10 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27, until 4 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 28
- 10 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 28, until 4 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 29
- 10 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29, until 4 a.m. Friday, Nov. 30
- 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30, until 4 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 1
- 10 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, until 7 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 2 (NOTE: the closure this night could last up to nine hours).
More news from KIRO 7
- Two Seattle neighborhoods bracing for effects from climate change
- "Lunch shaming" ban puts North Thurston Schools $21,000 in debt
- Public to weigh in on state proposal allowing more workers to earn overtime pay
- Three in custody after armed robbery of USPS mail carrier
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Cox Media Group.