The defending champions Seattle Storm (18-16) are hosting the Minnesota Lynx (18-16) in the first round of the WNBA playoffs on Wednesday night in Everett.
The first round of the playoffs is a single elimination match.
Seattle has played this season without reigning MVP Breanna Stewart, who has been out with a ruptured Achilles' tendon. The Storm have also been missing Sue Bird for the entire year after she had knee surgery in May.
Seattle has found other players to step up in the absence of the two stars. Natasha Howard has had an incredible season, playing well at both ends of the court.
The team was also missing its coach, Dan Hughes, at the start of the season as he battled cancer.
Tip-off is at 7 p.m. at the Angel of the Winds Arena.
More news from KIRO 7
- Driver changing tire along I-405 killed in hit-and-run
- Deputies seize 25,000 marijuana plants in Eastern Washington
- King County detectives investigate homicide after man's body found in river
- Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy playing stadium show in Seattle
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.