SEATTLE - The Seattle Storm lost 69-92 to the LA Sparks on Sunday, eliminating the team from the playoffs and ending their chance to repeat as WNBA champions.
Seattle played this season without reigning MVP Breanna Stewart, who has been out with a ruptured Achilles' tendon. The Storm have also been missing Sue Bird for the entire year after she had knee surgery in May.
Seattle found other players to step up in the absence of the two stars. Natasha Howard has had an incredible season, playing well at both ends of the court.
The team was also missing its coach, Dan Hughes, at the start of the season as he battled cancer.
More news from KIRO 7
- Surveillance video shows fleeing gunman in Westlake Tunnel shooting
- Georgia doctor says bank employees called police on him while trying to open account
- Police investigating drive-by shooting in Puyallup after car sale gone wrong
- Woman frightened by cougar on roof, but it wasn't a cougar at all
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.