A Seattle police sergeant who resigned in 2016 after his arrest for child rape has been sentenced to more than 23 years in prison.
SeattlePI.com reports 46-year-old Daniel Amador was sentenced Friday for repeated sexual abuse of two children.
Amador was convicted in June of first-degree child molestation, second-degree child rape, third-degree child rape and first-degree incest in Seattle's King County Superior Court. He separately pleaded no contest to fourth-degree assault with sexual motivation.
Prosecutors say the victims who are now adults went to Seattle police in 2016 and reported being sexually abused by Amador for years.
Lake Forest Park police arrested Amador after an investigation that police say included a recorded phone call between Amador and one of the women in which he apologized to her for the abuse.
More news from KIRO 7
- Friendly tone belied desperate acts of Seattle plane thief
- FBI recovers flight recorder, Richard Russell's remains from stolen plane crash site
- Who was Richard Russell? Details of man who sources say stole airplane from Sea-Tac
- Where is Ketron Island? Who lives there?
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information from: Seattle Post-Intelligencer, http://www.seattlepi.com/
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.