BRIGHAM CITY, Utah - Forgoing the traditional lemonade stand, one Utah child turned heads when he stood outside with a sign that read, "ICE COLD BEER."
Upon closer inspection, one would see that "root" was written in tiny letters above "BEER," according to a Facebook post by the Brigham City Police Department.
"This young man, in the area of 600 South 200 East, has a twist on a lemonade stand," police wrote in the post. "Yep, he’s selling beer ... ROOT BEER, that is. His marketing strategy has resulted in several calls to the BCPD, but apparently it's paid off as business has been good."
The boy appears to have set up shop in front of a church.
After catching the attention of local residents and police, the boy's sign has now gone viral online. The Brigham City PD's Facebook post had more than 1,500 shares as of Wednesday afternoon.
Police wrote that the boy would be selling root beer again Wednesday, and several local residents pledged to buy some.
"I going to go buy Rootbeer from him just because of his creativity!" one commenter wrote.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- 5 Seattle neighborhoods affected by power outage
- Video shows moment man was knocked off of scooter; deputies search for hit-and-run driver
- King County executive accused of steering lucrative contract to two donors
- Edgar Martinez's Hall of Fame moment with local Marine: ‘Thanks for being a DH in Iraq'
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.