A man with what officials determined was an ill-fitting wig was arrested in Spain after he allegedly tried to smuggle $34,000 worth of cocaine underneath it.
According to the National Police in Spain, the man was detained at Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport in Barcelona, Spain, where he arrived on a flight from Bogota, Colombia, June 18.
Reuters reported that police asked the man to remove his toupee when it appeared to be fitting poorly. They found half a kilo of cocaine underneath.
“There is no limit to the inventiveness of drug traffickers trying to mock controls,” Spanish police said in a statement, according to Reuters.
USA Today reported that the man appeared to be acting nervous, prompting suspicion from police.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- One killed in crash east of Redmond
- Seattle to Portland in an hour: WSDOT releases results of ultra-high-speed transportation study
- Seattle Police Department left scrambling after weekend crime spree
- 93-year-old reportedly sexually assaulted at nursing home where rape was recorded on hidden camera
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.