ZION, Ill. - Police in Zion, Illinois, had an unusual call Thursday morning.
WMAQ reported that City of Zion Illinois Police Department said a rotund raccoon was stuck in a storm drain grate.
“It seems this little guy has been eating a little too well and got caught in the sewer grate,” a Facebook post from the department said.
Officers identified as K. Vaughn and animal control Officer R. Knorr had to call in the Zion Public Works Department.
“They were able to free him and our friend was no worse for wear,” the department said.
More news from KIRO 7:
- He stopped a massive fraud, but this officer says pink shoes kept him from promotion
- Early snow falls in greater Seattle area, North Sound
- PHOTOS: Snow falling in parts of Seattle, Western Washington
- Error results in hundreds of City Light customers getting massive bills for unpaid electricity
- Daylight saving time 2017: When do we set our clocks back?
© 2018 Cox Media Group.