BOULDER, Colo. - A homeless man in Colorado was issued a citation for animal cruelty after allegedly getting a puppy drunk, police said.
The puppy, an 11-week old shepherd mix named Stella Luna, was brought to an emergency veterinary clinic in the Boulder area Friday night and treated for alcohol poisoning, the Daily Camera reported. Police said the dog may have ingested beer, liquor and mouthwash, but more testing is necessary to determine what intoxicants were in the animal's system.
The dog's owner, Scott O'Neal, received a citation for animal cruelty Sunday.
The puppy is recovering and is in the custody of the Humane Society of Boulder Valley.
- Images from space show wildfire smoke swallowing northwest
- Police union wants investigation of Michael Bennett's racial bias claims
- Lowe's customer gives last generator to fellow shopper ahead of Hurricane Irma
- Family mourns after 15-year-old stabbed to death in West Seattle
- Equifax says data from 143 million Americans exposed in hack
© 2018 Cox Media Group.