JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A picture of staff members inappropriately handling a newborn at Florida’s Naval Hospital Jacksonville has gone viral, and the hospital said the staff members involved in the incident will face legal action.
Naval Hospital Jacksonville officials said that they’re aware of a video that was posted to social media and appears to show a nurse inappropriately handling a newborn.
Scroll down to continue reading and see photos.
- Woman paralyzed after tree supporting couple in hammock snaps
- Woman fakes seizure to thwart would-be robber in move learned from 'Law & Order'
- Seattle Council to choose new mayor; Gonzalez doesn't want job
- PHOTOS: Seahawks take on San Francisco 49ers in Seattle
- VIDEO: Seattle Mayor Decision
The hospital responded with a statement on Facebook that garnered thousands of shares.
A photo of the incident appears to show staff inappropriately gesturing to a newborn and calling the infant “Satan.”
The photo is captioned, “How I currently feel about these mini Satans."
The hospital called the images outrageous, unacceptable and incredibly unprofessional. Naval Hospital Jacksonville released a statement that reads in part, “We have identified the staff members involved. They have been removed from patient care and they will be handled by the legal system and military justice.”
The hospital said it is still notifying involved parties.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.