ROANOKE, Va. - After his son was kicked off the school bus for three days for bullying, a father in Virginia came up with an alternative way for him to get to school.
As punishment, Bryan Thornhill made his son run to school. In a Facebook Live video posted on Thursday, Thornhill streams his son running with his backpack on in the rain, with Thornhill riding in a car behind him. In the Facebook video, Thornhill explained why he chose this form of punishment and gave "tough love" parenting advice to others, The Associated Press reported. (Note: The video contains language that some may find objectionable.)
The video has generated millions of views and has sparked a mix of praise and criticism.
Thornhill said in the video that his son's behavior has improved since the punishment.
More news from KIRO 7
- Family of former WSU quarterback Tyler Hilinski releases statement
- Judge declares Seattle man's truck 'his home'
- Law allows some students to come back to class -- even after arrests for loaded guns, threats
- Mom calls school assignment racist
- Two dead, others injured after avalanche near Cle Elum
© 2018 Cox Media Group.