It didn’t take long after the news that “Today” co-host Matt Lauer was fired following allegations of inappropriate workplace behavior for two former hosts to be mentioned as possible replacements.
Ann Curry was ousted from the morning show in 2012, a move many viewers thought was done to appease Lauer. When Tamron Hall left the show earlier this year after it was announced the third hour she co-hosted would be replaced with “Megyn Kelly Today,” many viewers were upset.
Hall has not commented on any thing related to "Today" since her departure. On Wednesday, about an hour after the news broke that Lauer was fired, she tweeted a photo of herself with singer-songwriter Angelique Kidjo.
“About last night. We celebrated @angeliquekidjo and her work to help empower African girls . #batonga #blessed to be friends with this global icon,” the tweet read.
Like Hall, Curry has remained largely silent in the five years since her exit.
Related video: What You Need to Know: Matt Lauer
- Twitter reacts to Matt Lauer firing: Trump rejoices, colleagues dismayed
- 22-year-old Kent man charged with 'execution' of former girlfriend
- Man found dead in garage of burning Lynnwood home
- Live in Washington state and concerned about North Korea? Read this
- Microsoft plans upgrade for Redmond headquarters
© 2020 Cox Media Group