PICKENS COUNTY, Ga. — It's the challenge going around the internet. Police departments across the country have participated in the "Lip Sync Challenge," including several from metro Atlanta.
But the Pickens County Sheriff's Department put out their version that has an important message: domestic violence.
The video starts off with deputies dancing and having fun, but quickly changes tone and shows a very realistic version of a domestic violence incident.
Warning, the video may be disturbing for some and can be seen here.
Pickens County Sheriff's 'Lip Sync Challenge' video has much deeper meaning
This Lip Sync Challenge video from Pickens County Georgia Sheriff's Office blew us away! AND - it has a very powerful message. Make sure you watch the video all the way through: https://2wsb.tv/2OnZdHp (WARNING: This video contains graphic content about domestic violence)Posted by WSB-TV on Friday, July 27, 2018
The video had more than 1.3 million views in the 19 hours since it was posted, with more than 47,000 shares.
More news from KIRO 7
- 'It's moving faster than we can': Thousands evacuated; fire roars into Redding, California
- Crews fight brush fire along SB I-5 in North Seattle
- Bus-only hours to be extended on 3rd Avenue
- "This is a miracle": Toddler rescued, revived by mother, sister after nearly drowning in septic tank
- Wife of man slain while camping with daughters speaks out; $30,000 reward offered
Cox Media Group