A Georgia couple lived together as husband and wife for 71 years. It was only fitting they left the world on the same day.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Vashon Island man sent manifesto before he was killed at detention center
- Two people died after being found with gunshot wounds to their heads on Mercer Island
- Driver arrested after crashing into child, car, power pole; showed signs of impairment, police say
- Rallies planned in protest of Amazon annual Prime Day, including at Seattle headquarters
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Herbert DeLaigle died at 2:20 a.m. on Friday, and Marilyn Frances died exactly 12 hours later, WDRW reported.
According to his obituary, Herbert DeLaigle was a decorated Army veteran who served during World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. He rose to the rank of master sergeant and was awarded several Bronze Stars, according to his obituary.
Marilyn Frances DeLaigle operated Marilyn’s Nursery near Waynesboro from 1979 to 1984, according to her obituary.
The couple had six children, 16 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren, according to their obituaries.
The couple met in Waynesboro, WDRW reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.