BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. - Brevard County, Florida, deputies are crediting two Facebook users for reporting a post that threatened a shooting at Walt Disney World.
Deputies said Derek Eitel, 23, threatened to "shoot up" Disney and hang himself if he got five “likes” on his post.
Eitel admitted to making the post, deputies said. He appeared in a Brevard County courtroom Wednesday.
Deputies said Eitel lives with his parents, who told deputies their son did not have access to their guns that are locked up inside the house.
More news from KIRO 7
- Father says man grabbed his daughter, pulled her pants down at Walmart
- Active shooter search along SR 509 near Sea-Tac Airport
- Local cheer coach arrested for child pornography in England
- Man fatally shot at Kent apartment complex
- 47 people arrested in Washington state in massive child pornography bust
© 2018 Cox Media Group.