• Fire department warns of charging cellphone in bed

    By: Natalie Dreier, Cox Media Group National Content Desk


    NEWTOWN, N.H. - How many of cellphone users don’t give a second thought about where they’re charging their device??

    A New Hampshire fire department is warning users that the bed is no place to charge a phone in a Facebook post that has been shared more than 34,000 times.

    >> Read more trending news

    In the post, Newton NH Fire Department said that more than half of kids and teens charge their devices either under their pillow or on their beds. The heat doesn’t dissipate and the charger will continue getting hotter. The bed or pillow could catch fire due to the heat generated.




    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Fire department warns of charging cellphone in bed

  • Headline Goes Here

    A cure for blindness? Stem cell therapy shows promising results

  • Headline Goes Here

    Male birth control pill? New drug appears to block sperm production

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man awarded $1 Million after spending 31 years in prison for crime he…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Paul McCartney reflects on John Lennon at March for Our Lives rally