INDIANAPOLIS — An Indiana father is dead after saving his young daughter from a car that had rolled into an Indianapolis pond.
According to The Associated Press, Anthony Burgess Jr., 24, parked his car at an apartment complex Sunday and left the engine running as he went to talk to a friend. His 3-year-old daughter tried to go with him, but Burgess told her to go back to the car, authorities said. That's when the girl bumped into the gear shift, sending the car into a nearby retention pond, authorities said.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Report: Man arrested in Washington State after suspicious packages found at D.C. area military bases
- Secretive group's leader charged with sex-trafficking
- Seattle at center of retaliation against Russia
- Here's how to download a copy of the data Facebook keeps on you
- The owners of the pit bulls that attacked a UPS driver near Puyallup won't be charged
Burgess and the girl were taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. His daughter's condition was listed as stable, the AP reported.
© 2020 Cox Media Group