ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Actor and comedian Harry Anderson, of “Night Court” fame, has died at the age of 65 at his home in Asheville, North Carolina, police confirmed.
"This morning at 6:41 a.m., the Asheville Police Department responded to the home of actor Harry Anderson, where he was found deceased," the police department’s public affairs officer Christina Hallingse told THR.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- 8-year-old boy at school slashes other students with knife
- Suspected arrested following hostage situation at Kirkland gas station
- On this day: 17-year-old Walter Dubac becomes youngest to be executed in state history
- E.Coli outbreak in 11 states linked to chopped romaine lettuce
- Starbucks CEO to apologize after arrest of 2 black men in store; manager leaves company
No foul play is suspected."
Anderson, who was also a magician, was probably best known as Judge Harry Stone on the 1980s sitcom "Night Court.
He also appeared on “Cheers,” “Saturday Night Live” and “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson,” among other shows.
Anderson was born in Newport, Rhode Island, in 1952 and leaves behind two children.
WSOCTV.com contributed to this report.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.