NEW YORK — "Saturday Night Live" had a little help from some big names this week as the comedy show offered its own take on Wednesday's Democratic presidential debate.
Here are some of our favorite moments:
- Ferrell, playing billionaire Tom Steyer: "Health care is important, but housing affects everything – where you sleep, where you shop, where you get your shoes shined, where you buy your jewels, where you raise peacocks. Am I relatable?"
- Harrelson, playing former Vice President Joe Biden: "America, I see you, and I see the faces you all make when I talk. You're scared – scared I'll say something off-color, or even worse, on color."
- David, playing Sen. Bernie Sanders: "Here's my plan for health care: no co-pay, no out-of-pocket. The only thing that comes out of my pocket are tissues; receipts; loose cough drops; a movie stub for 'Florence Foster Jenkins,' which was, eh, so-so; and, of course, the little button in the baggy that comes with the pants. Most people throw it out. Do yourself a favor: Hold on to it. You never know!"
- Rudolph, playing Sen. Kamala Harris: "I'm just gonna have some fun and see if I can get some viral moments. Mama needs a GIF."
- Armisen, playing former New York Mayor and billionaire Michael Bloomberg: "I'd like to see those Trump supporters come up with a conspiracy theory about a Jewish billionaire with his own media company. Good luck making that stick."
- Dratch, playing Sen. Amy Klobuchar: "I got $17,000 from ex-boyfriends. All I had to do was threaten to come back in their lives."
- Kate McKinnon, playing Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I've got mom-hosting-Thanksgiving energy; I'm a little overwhelmed because I thought 10 people were coming and now there's 30 million."
- Colin Jost, playing South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg: "America, I know I can do this because my supporters are a diverse coalition from young to old, gay to straight, white to eggshell. Thank you."
- Cecily Strong, playing Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: "I have no interest in those Dalmatian puppies, muhahaha. I yield my time."
- Chris Redd, playing Sen. Cory Booker: "Vice President Biden, I was stunned to hear you don't support the legalization of marijuana; in fact – rehearsed joke – I thought you were high when you said it."
- Bowen Yang, playing tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang: "I wanna take this opportunity to announce my VP, the new Tesla Cybertruck!"
© 2020 Cox Media Group