KITSAP COUNTY, Wash. - A woman was hospitalized Saturday night after she was struck by a car while crossing state Route 305 on the Agate Passage Bridge, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The state patrol says drugs or alcohol were involved in the accident.
The 23-year-old woman was crossing from the north shoulder to the south shoulder shortly before 11:30 p.m. when she was struck by a black 2015 Honda Accord. The man driving the car was not injured and the car sustained some damage.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- 2 die in surf while digging for clams on Washington beaches
- Scammers stealing phone numbers from T-Mobile customers to steal money
- Flood warnings in effect for some Western Washington rivers
- Father and daughter charged with incest 20 years after adoption
- Group says UW charging school's Republican group $17K security fee for right-wing speaker
The woman was taken by ambulance to Harborview Medical Center.
A WSP report lists “Pedestrian failing to yield to vehicle traffic” as the cause of the incident. The woman was not in a crosswalk. Potential charges are pending an investigation.
The Agate Passage Bridge links Bainbridge Island to the Kitsap Peninsula.