Fire officials said several brush fires Tuesday afternoon in Thurston County were caused by a train.
There were a total of six small fires that were started along a 2-mile long stretch along Old Highway 9 and Highway 12.
West Thurston firefighters, along with DNR firefighters, managed to get the fires under control quickly.
Officials said the train was stopped and secured to allow for crews to extend hoses under the train cars to reach one spot fire.
More news from KIRO 7
- Bremerton mother accused of inflicting 'severe and horrific trauma' on newborn twins
- Seattle to Portland in an hour: WSDOT releases results of ultra-high-speed transportation study
- Tip leads to arrest of Kent man who police say pimped 150 women
- Texas woman says family vacation picture was ruined by topless photo-bomb
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.