OLYMPIA, Wash. - Deputies with the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office say they found a World War II rifle grenade under a house being remodeled Thursday.
The house is located in the 4900 block of Sleater-Kinney Road Northeast.
Officials said deputies were on the scene and a Washington State Patrol bomb squad was on the way.
“Always keep in mind to call 911 if you find any type of explosive devices and keep your distance,” deputies said.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Teen shot on board metro bus in gang retaliation
- Seattle to pay $1.55 million after cyclist’s tire got caught in streetcar track
- Radioactive equipment removed from Harborview campus months after spill
- Suspect identified in fatal stabbing of 25-year-old woman at Cal Anderson Park
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.