PUYALLUP, Wash. — Puyallup police said a suspect is in custody after a woman was found dead in a Puyallup apartment.
Police said the victim, a woman in her 40s, was found at her former boyfriend's apartment in the 2500 block of South Meridian Street after she didn't show up for her job.
Officers found her vehicle in the parking lot of her ex-boyfriend's apartment complex. When they entered the apartment, she was found dead “due to homicidal domestic violence,” Puyallup police said in a tweet.
The ex-boyfriend, who was inside his apartment when police arrived, was taken into custody.
The woman's manner of death will be determined by the medical examiner.
More news from KIRO 7
- Washington deemed fully compliant with REAL ID
- Here is why you may not have gotten the 'Presidential Alert' test
- Starbucks baristas poked by discarded needles
- Parkland McDonald's closed by rat infestation
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group