A woman sleeping inside a Pierce County home located off State Route 7 was injured after 4:30 a.m. Saturday when a car crashed through it, the Washington State Patrol said.
Troopers said a 35-year-old driver of a Chrysler Town and Country van was going northbound on the highway at State Route 706 when the van left the road, continued through a parking lot and then crashed.
The 38-year-old woman inside the home was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital for treatment. Troopers did not say what the extent of her injuries was.
The driver of the van failed to stop at a stop sign, troopers said.
Troopers said drugs or alcohol were involved in the crash.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Washington woman finds lost dog after quitting job to search for 57 days
- Bartell Drugs closing downtown Seattle location over crime concerns
- Louisiana man dies after making underwater marriage proposal in Tanzania, girlfriend says
- Panic in the sky: Delta flight from Atlanta plunges nearly 30,000 feet
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.