OLYMPIA, Wash. - Officers with the Olympia Police Department are investigating a stabbing that occurred downtown on Thursday morning.
Police were called to reports of an assault at State Street and Franklin Street around 7:15 a.m.
According to police, the assault started as an argument over property between two individuals and ended with a man in his mid 50s being stabbed twice in the stomach.
The victim was transported to Providence St. Peter Hospital and is in critical condition. The suspect fled the scene, police said.
Police said the incident was not random, and believe the two individuals knew each other.
Witnesses describe the suspect as a possibly Hispanic man riding a bike and wearing dark clothing, according to police.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
Olympia police say a man was stabbed here around 7:15am. I’m told two men were arguing over property — it escalated and one man began stabbing the other man with a box cutter. pic.twitter.com/K9AOG2jjg1— Shelby Miller (@ShelbyKIRO7) January 10, 2019
More news from KIRO 7
- Man charged with hate crime, assault after allegedly attacking lesbian couple at Seahawks game
- ‘I did chop her up': Man admits killing, dismembering grandmother, their landlord
- Police: Suspect followed and stole from 91-year-old woman
- Seattle couple still without electricity from recent storm
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.